As an Artsmark partner I’m part of an Arts Council England endorsed network of arts and cultural organisations who can support the Artsmark programme. I support schools and SEND settings who are working towards Artsmark and schools currently holding Artsmark status looking to further develop their arts and cultural provision. I’m also an Arts Award partner and can develop projects which help pupils achieve their Award while supporting schools on their Artsmark journey.
My Artsmark offer fulfils the Arts Council’s seven quality principles (see below). I have high expectation levels for all pupils within a supportive, inclusive environment. Sessions are highly engaging and creative and allow pupils to have both the responsibility and freedom to make decisions about the progression of their projects. In this environment children produce high quality work and are inspired to discover that they’re capable of a lot more than they thought. I provide follow up activities for pupils to further develop their skills, and guides for teachers which support their CPD.
Structure of my Artsmark Comics and Illustration Projects
- Pupils plan their projects and do some preparation work using materials I email ahead, including a guide for teachers.
- I come in for one or more sessions in which pupils will produce 2-3 pieces of work – sessions are highly productive and creative. Please see my workshop page for more details.
- Pupils complete their projects, usually by creating a comic strip or picture book plan with resources and guidance I provide.
- Pupils evaluate their achievements using words and pictures on a custom made template.
- Teachers decide how and when to use further related resources I provide, which can tie in with other topics. All resources come with a user guide for teachers which supports their CPD.
Themes Relating to the Curriculum
We can discuss how my workshops can tie in with your cross curricular topics and if you’d like to introduce a theme not listed below.
Space, Heroes and Villains, Myths and Legends, Ancient Greece/Egypt/Rome, Kings & Queens, Tudors, Stone Age, Aesop’s Fables, Chinese New Year, Dragons, Fairy Tales, Diary, Black History Month, Non-fiction November, World Book Day and Fashion/Costume.
KS1, KS2 and KS3. I can also adapt projects to include family or community sessions which schools may be able to get funding for.
Fees will be calculated depending on the requirements of the project but as a rough guide, I charge £300 for a full day of workshops plus travel costs. Discounts are available for schools booking a package of longer-term support and/or multiple days in one setting or within a group of schools.
I provide templates, activity sheets and teacher guidance notes specific to the project. On workshops days I bring books for inspiration, black fine line pens, HB pencils, rubbers, coloured pens and pencils. I usually require a flip chart and PowerPoint facilities, printouts of emailed resources and plenty of A4 paper.
To discuss your project idea and requirements please contact me on 07845 394636 or email@example.com
Arts Award https://www.artsaward.org.uk/site/
Art Council England’s Quality Principles
1. Striving for excellence and innovation
2. Being authentic
3. Being exciting, inspiring and engaging
4. Ensuring a positive and inclusive experience
5. Actively involving children and young people
6. Enabling personal progression
7. Developing belonging and ownership
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)7845 394636